Bible-tube.com The visions of Ellen G. White Testimonies to the church Prayer and faith Pt4

Bible-tube.com The visions of Ellen G. White Testimonies to the church Prayer and faith Pt4

Message  Admin le Lun 14 Mai - 2:37

A form of godliness will not save them. They must have a deep and living experience; this alone will save them in the time of trouble. Then their work will be tried of what sort it is, and if it is gold, silver, and precious stones, they will be hid as in the secret of the Lord's pavilion. But if their work is hay, wood, and stubble, nothing can shield them from the fierceness of Jehovah's wrath.

The young, as well as the older, will have to give a reason of their hope. But the mind designed by God for better things, formed to serve him perfectly, has dwelt upon foolish things instead of eternal interests. And that mind that is left to wander here and there, is just as capable of understanding the truth, the evidence of keeping the Sabbath from the word of God, and the true foundation of the Christian's hope, as it is to study the appearance, the manners, dress, &c. Those who suffer their minds to be diverted with foolish stories and idle tales, feed their imagination, but to such the brilliancy of God's word is eclipsed. The mind is led directly from God; the interest in his precious word is gone.

Here is a book given us to guide our feet through the perils of this dark world to Heaven. It tells us how we can escape the wrath of God, and also tells of the sufferings of Christ for us, the great sacrifice that has been made for us that we might be saved and enjoy the presence of God for ever. And if any come short at last that have heard the truth, as they have in this land of light, it will be their own fault. They will be without excuse. The word of God tells us how we may be perfect Christians, and escape the seven last plagues; but they took no interest to find this out. Other things diverted the mind, idols were cherished by them, and God's holy word has been neglected and slighted. God has been trifled with by professed Christians, and when that holy word shall judge them in the last day, they will be found wanting. That word that they have neglected for foolish story books, tries their lives. It is the standard, and their motives, words, works, and the manner they use their time, are all compared with the written word of God, and if they come short, then their cases are decided for ever.

I saw that there was a measuring yourselves among yourselves, and comparing your lives with the lives of others. This I saw should not be. No one is given us as an example but Christ; he is our true pattern, and each should strive to excel in imitating him. We are co-workers with Christ, or co-workers with the enemy. We either gather with Christ, or scatter abroad. We are decided, whole-hearted Christians, or none at all. Says Christ, "I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

I saw that some hardly know yet what self-denial or sacrifice is, and what it is to suffer for the truth's sake. But I saw that none will enter Heaven without making a sacrifice. They should cherish a spirit of sacrifice and self-denial. Some have not sacrificed themselves, their own bodies, on the altar of God. They indulge in hasty, fitful temper, and gratify their appetites, and attend to their own self-interest, regardless of the cause of God. Those who are willing to make any sacrifice for eternal life, will have it. And it will be worth suffering for, worth crucifying self for, and sacrifi
Online bible, bible research, onlinebible, online bible, bible, bible auotes, holy bible, the bible,online, bible commentary, the bible, king james bible, bible reading, bible ressources, bible scriptures, understqnding the bible, Online bible, bible research, onlinebible, online bible, bible, bible quotes, holy bible, the bible online, bible commentary, the bible, king james bible, bible reading, bible ressources, bible scriptures, understanding the bible
http://www.bible-tube.com/audio-bible.php
http://www.bible-tube.com/walter-veith.php
http://www.bible-tube.com/sur-les-pas-de-paul.php
Admin
Admin

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.bible-tube.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas